Pages

Thursday 20 September 2012

.......Seaside Fun!






Last week we had a nice break from normal life and started the week off with a few days in lovely Bideford in Devon with our friends Gareth and Lucy and their crazy dog Larry. 

We did some walking, quite a lot of napping and even more wine drinking. 

On the first day me and Lucy hit the town and had a bit of a girly shopping morning. We checked out the super cute Bideford Market and then spent a few hours mooching round antique shops and the obligatory charity shops. I didn't find too many treasures but did pick up a few old knitting patterns to add to my collection.

Bideford Market



My charity shop haul. Two for 20p!

On our last full day went on a lovely 6 mile riverside walk to a place called Appledore and back. It was a stunning walk and I took the opportunity to take some arty photos of the shipwrecks we saw on the way. It also gave me a chance to play with the features on my camera such as monochrome and vivid.









When we got to Appledore we found this charity shop. I loved the shabby seaside-esque exterior. Makes a nice change to see an independent charity shop with a bit of character.




My favourite seaside tipple.

Larry biting the sea water.

Slightly soggy Toby.


Toby worn out after the long 6 mile walk.


We had a lovely time chilling out with our friends and the dogs had a blast driving each other crazy. Definitely a trip to remember.

Bye!
x




No comments:

Post a Comment