Pages

Monday 22 April 2013

..........Wooliness!



Hi!

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted. Been a busy bee getting my hands dirty with sanding, filling and painting in my new lounge. When I've had a spare few seconds I've been busy getting excited for going off in our first camping trip of 2013. 




We're off to sunny (hopefully) Builth Wells so that I can wallow in my love for all things wooly at Wonderwool Wales. It's a festival to celebrate artisans in the UK who use wool and natural fibres in their work. Although I love it because they always have tons of lovely hand dyed wool and felt fibres for sale together with new techniques and inspiring artwork. 

It will also be a momentous occasion as it will be our first ever camping trip in our little campervan, aka Ratty. I'm excited and a little bit nervous as it's going to be a bit different to our past more luxurious camping trips in our old caravan Bertie. There's slightly less space in Ratty but I'm looking forward to getting out into the great outdoors again, even if I will spend most of the time hugging a hot water bottle. 




I'm quite a crafter in my spare time and am a bit of a terror when it comes to learning a craft and sticking with it. I am interested in so many things that I can't settle on one technique. So to carry on this trend my latest fad is loom knitting. As I love knitted things so much I've always been trying to teach myself how to knit and managed quite well to learn the basics. However I never  really got to grips with counting stitches etc. I then discovered knitting looms in my local wool shop and thought I'd give it a go. I much prefer the weaving method used in this way of knitting. I'm attempting to make a scarf so I'll keep you posted on how that turns out. 


Progress so far.



My wool basket.

I'm going to try and avoid picking up a new fad at Wonderwool but I can't promise anything!


No comments:

Post a Comment