Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013

......Fun Ooop North!



A couple of weeks ago I set off all on my tod to Manchester for my high school friend Kim's hen do. Here's a very flattering photo of me in my "big mamas" sumo wrestling suit during the daytime retro games activity. This will be the only photo I will be putting on here from the hen do as this post is mainly about the fun I had when I had a little mooch around the Northern Quarter of Manchester checking out the more unusual shops.

On the Saturday, before the sumo wrestling and shot drinking started, we were left to our own devices so I took the chance to have a bit of cheeky second hand shopping. 

Firstly I found this cute shop called Retro Rehab. It reminded me very much of my shop minus the furniture and bric a brac so brought back some nice memories. 



Next up, just over the road I found a great huge vintage shop called Mint. Full to the rafters with clothes, accessories and curios of all shapes and sizes. Loved the use of old bikes as decor and if I hadn't already bought some I would've been very tempted by the navy blue doc martens boots I found hiding under a fluffy hat.


 



I've always been in love with old cameras and have more recently been learning a bit about Lomography. I was so excited to find this shop which sold only Lomo cameras whilst I was awandering! Didn't know what to look at first and the lovely lady in charge let me take some pics as I was so overwhelmed. 
 





After being inspired by the Lomography shop I went back to the hotel and had a go at taking some arty photos out of my room window with my iphone and was quite impressed with myself with this one. This is a lovely old window and roof hidden amongst all the modern concrete monsters. I vintaged it up a bit with Vintique, my new fave app on my iphone.



I had a great weekend up North, most of it involving getting a bit tiddly on wine and vodka roulette, and it was a great surprise to find such interesting shops. I will definitely be planning a weekend up there soon so that I can explore the other little weird and wonderful shops which I didn't have enough time to mooch around.












No comments:

Post a Comment