Pages

Sunday 24 February 2013

.........Neck Warming!


This weekend my house has turned into a building site as Tom, his brother and his Dad are here fitting our new bathroom. Well, fitting it enough so we can have a bath.  



So yesterday I decided to escape into town for a few hours to hit the charity shops and run some errands. I was being surprisingly restrained for me while I was having a rummage as I don't really need anything in particular. I still managed, however, to come home with three items...weirdly all hand knitted scarves. I think the cold snap we've been having this weekend inspired my choices just a little.

I'm a sucker for all things hand knitted and so couldn't resist this two tone autumnal number, complete with cute little tag saying "hand knitted by Christine". In the same shop I spotted this cosy black hand crocheted scarf. I don't own a black scarf so this will be a welcome addition to my ever growing scarf collection.  




I was almost worn out and ready to go home when I popped into the last charity shop on my way back to the car. There wasn't much of interest, and I was ready to get home and put my feet up, but on the way out of the door I spotted this super cute pastel tartan mohair scarf hanging on a coat rack. I love all things welsh wool and this had the golden ticket label on it saying "made in Wales". At just £2 it had to be mine.
 



Annoyingly I'm now hoping it will stay chilly a bit longer now I'm kitted out in enough knitted neck-warming attire to keep me going for another Winter. I'm sure these will come in handy though for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment