Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

.....Heirlooms!


As I have a love for all things old I thought I'd do a quick post about some of the things that I love that have been passed down to me from my family. When I became a Vintage dealer most of the items I stocked were, in some way, family heirlooms and I always liked the fact that they had a history and sometimes a nice story.

These articulated enamel fish earrings were my older sister's and I always remember them from growing up. I wear them alot and I like the fact they're not both the same colour.



These jet beads were my nanny's and it's thought they date from the Victorian era. 




This lovely amethyst and marcasite silver brooch belonged to Tom's Nanny J and it's so beautiful. I didn't know her especially well but it's lovely to be able to pass something down from her to my daughter if I ever have one. 



This lovely tan leather clasp bag was also Nanny J's and it so lovely that she kept it in such lovely condition. I love the fact that it has an adjustable strap to make it either a handbag or a shoulder bag. Very practical!






Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment